Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine

Ok, so I'm putting off packing, so sue me. I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday. She told me she and my dad were reading my Haz-mat Team post about the girls throwing up everywhere in Vancouver and were going to post a comment, but then they were laughing so hard that they forgot. That's great, THANKS MOM. Just kidding. Stephen thinks parents probably get a lot of amusement from watching their kids deal with all the foibles of raising their own children. My dad had surgery recently and is home recouping, so anything to help speed the recovery process is a good thing. I tell you what- the afternoon that Stephen and I were both miserable from the stomach flu, we found all these You-tube clips of the comedian Brian Regan at clubs, etc (thanks for the tip-off Danica). He was so funny, and we were both laughing so hard at his clips, our stomachs were aching from more than just throwing up. It felt really good and I immediately thought it was true that laughter really is the best medicine. So go have yourself a belly laugh. Look up Brian Regan if you have to- it worked for us.

1 comment:

Danica Osborn said...

I am so glad I was able to ease your pain while you battled the flu! You can rent Brian Regan stand up too, there's a whole Dora the Explorer routine and children's books routine that you'll relate to a ton. Kevin and I were dying! Let me know and I'll get the exact name of the DVD for you.

Good luck with the move. Sounds like a PERFECT spot. Miss you guys...