Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maybe I've already won

Today was the big day. I'm surprised you don't know what I'm talking about. Today was the day I was supposed to win $5,000 a week for LIFE from the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. Instead this teacher in New Jersey won. I'm sure she needed it more than me : (. I did my hair and make-up this morning and practiced surprise reactions in the mirror, but they didn't come to my door. I was talking to my mom this afternoon about how I have had this feeling I am going to win something and she suggested maybe I already won a prize. True- saving a few hundred dollars a month on rent could seem like a prize . . . .
Then one of my girlfriends dropped something off and insisted she take the girls home with her so I could pack. Minutes after she left with them in tow, another girlfriend called and asked if she could take them for the afternoon for me. "How lucky am I?" I thought. My friends are SO NICE! So many have offered help and food during this move of ours.

Then the crowning moment- I had 2 pieces of mail. One was from the "Reward Center". Turned out to be the $250 in rewards from our credit card. yippeeee! The second was ANOTHER bill from Odessa's constipation-inspired trip to the ER. FOR 260 DOLLARS OF COURSE. Well, we may not have won $5,000 a week for life, and I may have to use all of that $250 and then some for our needless ER bill, but I'm too thankful for 2 special friends today to be disappointed about it.

5 comments:

bosslady said...

Awww--you have such nice friends. Now, did you get the name of the teacher? Maybe I could become her friend...heehee...

Becky said...

Too bad you didn't win...but some money in the mail isn't bad. And yeah for good friends who know just what you need.

Corey said...

Ahhh, you are so sweet! Thanks Tara! Whatever we can do to help, we are always here for you guys. We are going to miss you in the neighborhood, but are so glad you are staying in the ward. We'll have to have lots of fun park and pool days now that you are so close to all the fun. Good luck with the rest of the move.

Beth said...

You have already won! Great timing on the checks in the mail.

Wish we could help you pack, or be there to have your girls come play!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Hey, just so you know....that teacher did NOT deserve that money more than you! :) Hope the move when smooth today! We're glad you're over by the park too....good times ahead this summer!